6 Ways to Jumpstart Your Savings Game In 2020
Make saving money a priority in 2020 with our top 6 tips to jumpstart your savings game.
MySavings may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Individual T&C may apply per offer. Read more here.
With New Year’s resolutions still on my mind, I have been thinking about how to spend less and save more in the 2020. My good intention is set, and now it's time to follow through. Here are some easy ways to keep you on a money-saving track for the entire year.
1. Start Your Investment Portfolio with $1.00
Want to invest, but don't have the knowledge or extra cash? Get the guidance to help you achieve financial freedom with micro investing through Stash. Currently, Stash will offer $5 for you to start investing to get you started.1 Easy and informative for beginners and fun for even the pros. The best part - You can start investing with $1.00 or less!
There's nothing like jump starting your savings game than with $250 in free cash! There are many credit cards that not only give you cash back on your purchases but will give you a nice sign up bonus of free cash! Overwhelmed by choosing the perfect cashback credit card? Luckily CreditCards.com searches and compares hundreds of credit card offers and posts the top 10. Look for a card with $0 annual fees and high cash back percentages. You'll be surprised how quickly the money adds up.
2. These Credit Cards Will Give You Money
3. Cut the Cord for Good and Save $100
We get it. You’ve been paying for cable your whole life, and cutting it out of your life may feel like a break up. But doesn't saving $100 per month sound amazing? Choose your channels and pay for only what you want to watch with streaming services! Not sure if a streaming service is a good fit? Try most of them for free and never sign a contract!
You can subscribe to individual channels on Amazon for as little as $3 each per month like MTV, Nickelodeon, Showtime and more. Plus, many of the Channels on Amazon offer free 7 day trials to see how you like it! Streaming services like Sling have a huge fan following and right now you can score $10 off. With streaming services you no longer have to waste money on channels you never watch - you're in control of your money and not the cable company!
4. Get Paid Every Time you Shop OnlineEvery three months I get a check for $10-$35 in free money from Rakuten - my favorite rebate website! Every time I plan to make an online purchase I make sure to click through Rakuten first to earn 3-15% cashback on all of my purchases. Every purchase I make on my favorite websites like Kohl's, Amazon, and Target has earned me over $375 in free cash over the past few years. Rakuten is giving new members a Free $10 Walmart gift card for giving them a try.
5. Make Money Watching Videos
InboxDollars pays you for what you're already doing - watching videos, listening to music, searching online and downloading apps. Plus, InboxDollars boosts your account with $5 to get your started. It free and easy to become a member and start making some extra cash right away. Once you hit $30 you can cash out via Paypal, check or by Amazon gift card.
6. Boost Your Savings Account
An Aspiration Spend & Save account gives cashback, up to 1.00% APY and up to 5 free ATM fees every month. Plus, the Aspiration debit card gets you up to 10% cashback - keeping money in your wallet where it belongs!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored content at no cost to you. Thanks for reading.
1. Promotion subject to Terms & Conditions. For Securities priced over $1,000, purchase of fractional shares starts at $0.05.
MySavings (ShopHerMedia) is a paid Affiliate/partner of Stash. Investment advisory services offered by Stash Investments LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser.