Ask Angie: Competitor Coupons and Price MatchingMany of our fans ask me how can I maximize savings if I live in a state where double couponing doesn't exist. Well, it takes a little bit of manipulation but, I often use double coupon stacks, in-store sales and competitor coupons. My grocery store accepts a bunch of competitors coupons so, when I combine sale prices with double coupon stacks I save BIG at the grocery store.
Below is a list of stores that will accept competitor's s coupons along with a list of some stores that price match. Check it out:
- Publix- Publix grocery stores will accept competitor coupons from select competitors in their direct area. My store accepts, Target, Winn-Dixie and Whole Foods coupons. Check with customer service and ask which Competitor Coupons are accepted at your Publix.
- Winn-Dixie- Most Winn-Dixie stores will accept up to ten competitors' coupons per transaction. Inquire at the customer service desk.
- Giant- Giant Supermarkets will accept competitors’ coupons for products as long as you have met the coupon’s requirements.
- Harris Teeter- Accepts competitors' coupons just as long as they are not internet printable coupons.
- Kroger- Kroger will only accept competitor coupons from pharmacies.
- Price Chopper- Accepts local competitor paper coupons and the discount can’t exceed 50% off the order. Price Chopper also takes competitor Catalina manufacturer coupons.
- Meijer- only accepts competitor coupons from food retailers and stores like Walmart and Target.
- Walmart- Some Walmart stores will take competitor coupons as long as there are a specific item and price and it has a valid expiration date.
- Michael's- Accepts some competitor coupons fro a percentage off one item. Michael's does not accept coupons that are a percentage of your entire order. They will only take one coupon per product per day.
- PetSmart- PetSmart will gladly accept coupons for dollars or cents off, percent-off offers, free item coupons, and BOGO coupons. These coupons must have a scannable bar code and expiration date. These type of coupons cannot be used on live pets but can be used on any other product in the store.
Stores that Honor Price Matching:
- Target- Will seasonally match the price of a competitor as long as the item is identical. They will even price match Target.com! Price matches must be requested at the time of purchase at the Guest Services counter.
- Lowe's- Matches local competitor prices and will beat a retailer’s better price with an additional 10% discount. Also, if a competitor offers a percent-off discount, Lowe’s will match the final net price the competitor is offering.
- Dick's- Price matches. The item must be identical (brand and model number) and be available for sale at the local store. Bring in the competitor’s ad at the time of purchase.
- Best Buy- Will price match direct competitors online, including Amazon.com, but not including third-party marketplace sellers on Amazon.
- Staples- Price matches direct competitors. Bring in the weekly ad or show the sale price from the vendor online.
- Petco- Will price match but most stores will take manufacturer coupons. They’ll also price match regular and sale prices at competitor stores and prices found on Petco.com and UnleashedByPetco.com.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond -will match competitor prices on identical items — but they have to be the same in nearly every way. The model numbers must match.
If your store is not listed here, call your local store or ask at customer service about their coupon policy.
Ask Angie is a weekly Facebook LIVE Q & A session. Tune in to the MySavings.com Facebook page every Tuesday to ask all your questions about savings and couponing and have them answered by me - Angie! You can also watch any past Ask Angie session on the page.
P.S. We also do live giveaways for Ask Angie participants - don't miss out!