FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Login Login

What a Night!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Refer a friend to this Page   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marrus View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What a Night!
    Posted: May/04/2012 at 2:27pm
Well, last night a storm came through.  Around 11 pm, the winds really picked up and hail was hammering the windows.  Lights flickered and I was grabbing candles.  Lights went out.  Both my daughter and I stepped out front and she noticed that across the street still had power.  I then looked down the road.  Two telephone/power poles were leaning in the road.  I called 911.  Just then we saw the skies over the substations glow with an orange, red, yellow, etc. and knew it was going to be a loooong night.

Long story short, this morning I was stuck.  Both poles were down to one side of me.  The train was stuck on the other side and a back road (before the tracks) had a massive tree that had fallen across the road.  Angry  And, to top it off, my basement flooded.  Cry

Thanks God for friends with generators.  Thumbs%20Up  But, I have some priorities at the moment but I'll be back when we dry out!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.
sebmatmomie View Drop Down

Quote sebmatmomie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 2:52pm
Wow!  Glad to hear you made it through ok!  Hope not too much damage in your basement :(
“People who try hard to do the right thing always seem mad.”
― Stephen King, The Stand
emilynj View Drop Down

Quote emilynj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 3:15pm
I"m sure it was very inconvenient having all that chaos around you but the important thing is that you are all okay.  Good luck with the basement and hope it dries out soon.  
luminamorgan View Drop Down

Quote luminamorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 3:18pm
Whew! Glad you both are alright. Isn't lovely when we are blessed with friends who will help when in need (:
Hope there is not too much damage.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
FreeStuffis4Me View Drop Down

Quote FreeStuffis4Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 3:19pm
Happy you and everyone is alright! Hope there isn't to much damage...
Shelley263 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Assistant Moderator

Quote Shelley263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 5:44pm
Oh my gosh!  Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers to make it through! 
aphrodite View Drop Down

Quote aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 12:59am
It sure was crazy around here this morning! It sounds like it was a lot worse out where you are Marrus. We didn't have any flooding out here in Fenton, but I did have to drive into Flint this morning, and that definitely was interesting with all the highway and street closures due to all that water! I've never seen anything like it! I am glad you are safe!
trulove06 View Drop Down

Quote trulove06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 12:05pm
We had severe thunderstorms Thursday night, we live on a 3rd floor apt here in Iowa. Our satellite goes out a lot but we have had our fair share of power outages. Because we don't have a storm shelter, we are going to have to run to a neighbors basement apt for tornado protection. Flash flood warning were put out also... Hope everything is ok and nothing got damaged!!
Shelley263 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Assistant Moderator

Quote Shelley263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 1:39pm
We had a Tornado warning at 4am this morning!  Shocked  I don't think I ever got up and dressed so fast in my life!  Luckily, just minor wind damage and no power for a while.   I tell ya...it's been some crazy weather lately!  Confused
Marrus View Drop Down

Quote Marrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 9:24pm
Well, the basement is almost dry and the garbage guys will really love me tomorrow.  LOL 

aphrodite - that was crazy!  I never saw I-69/I-75 like that!

trulove06 & Shelley - glad your storms passed over with minimal damage.

Well, back to posting some sweeps now...
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.
 Post Reply Post Reply