FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Login Login

Wedding Samples/Freebies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Refer a friend to this Page   Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stephy_sixx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote stephy_sixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Samples/Freebies
    Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 11:18am
I'm getting married in May, 2013 and I have a VERY Tight Wedding Budget, does anyone know any good wedding samples or freebies?? Theres alot out there that seem scamish, so I thought I'd come to the experts :P
momm22boys View Drop Down

Quote momm22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 11:19am
The best way to get wedding freebies is to attend bridal shows in your area. They have samples and giveaways for brides-to-be.
Shelley263 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Assistant Moderator

Quote Shelley263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 11:36am
I agree - and sign up for it all!  Every giveaway/contest they have!!

Other than that, it's about coupon shopping and thinking outside the box!  If you have a color in mind, there's probably a "season" for it.  Like clearance Xmas lights and intertwine with a flowery garland and no one will know it's Xmas lights!  Or even something like M&Ms change colors with the season, you might be able to utilize items like that with those color changes too! 

Also, stores like Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, and Michaels can be your bestfriend!  Sign up for their newsletters - they often offer 40%-50% off a single item - use that to the max - even take a friend! 

And finally, don't be afraid to DIY - there are TONS of projects on the internet....from flowers, to garters, to ring bearer pillows that can be made for very little expense.  And the awesome part about it is that they can be made for your wedding in that you can customize with your color or theme or what not!  And if you're not crafty, you might have a friend that is and you can do it together. 

Oh and CONGRATS on your engagement!!!  Big%20smile

Quote stephy_sixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 11:58am
I Live in Southern VT, and there is only like one Bridal show in the area, and I sadly couldnt make it :( Thanks for the tips Shelley, We are making EVERYTHING we possibly can, and our colors are blue and white, so they are easy colors to get stuff at like walmart and craft stores for, :)
aphrodite View Drop Down

Quote aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2012 at 2:42pm
I agree with what Shelley said. My good friend just got married last year and did everything on a limited budget, but things came out so beautifully.
The bride went to a ton of bridal shows all around the state and won a ton of gifts (free tuxes for the entire groom's side; a microdermabrasion and spa treatment; free bride's package with champagne glasses, cake topper, garter, and ring bearer's pillow; and a weekend stay in up North Michigan!).

They also made most of their items from stocking up on coupons from all the local craft stores, but it also helped that the groom was very proficient in computers and graphic design, so all their save the dates, wedding invites, wedding blog and wedding favors were all done by hand! And the bride herself was a cake maker and made her own beautiful four-tiered cake and her mom catered the wedding for her at no cost.

Don't be afraid to ask friends and family - a bunch of us would get together and watch tv, drink wine and punch holes in invites, or glue and tie things here and there, and it was a lot of fun! The wedding was beautiful and even made it into the local papers. Couldn't believe the wedding was as elegant as it was with the budget that I know they had! Just start early and have fun! And congrats!
pixiefire77 View Drop Down

Quote pixiefire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2012 at 5:35pm
When I had my wedding I was paying for everything and my husband and I didn't need a lot of gift items so we asked our friends to "gift" parts of the wedding.  My aunt gifted the cake and my sister the flowers and my friend and his mom gifted the photographer.  I went to yard sales and looked on craigslist for items like bubbles and decorations.  Also, my sister does handmade cards and we made the programs and centerpieces for the tables ourselves.  
waress View Drop Down

Quote waress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 3:18am
They have samples and giveaways for brides-to-be.

Quote stephy_sixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2012 at 10:58am
I have a hard time finding legit contests and giveaways though :(

Quote stephy_sixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2012 at 2:02pm
I Didnt know if anyone else was getting married, But here is a site that offers Low Cost Wedding Samples!! They are the only site that I'v found that offers low cost samples! http://www.bridesvillage.com/free-wedding-samples.html I was going to order color samples from Alfred Angelo and it was going to be $10.00,I couldn't believe it!!
 Post Reply Post Reply